What's new with KASPER!
We have recently enhanced KASPER to improve your user experience. KASPER prescriber reports, as well as some of the features of your account, will be different as a result of these enhancements.
- Starting April 30, 2019, access to KASPER is only possible through the Kentucky Online Gateway (KOG). You must create a KOG account using an email address unique to you (not shared with others), and then onboard with KASPER using that KOG account.
- Important! All delegates must be re-invited by each of their master account holders due to the move of delegate management to the Kentucky Online Gateway.
- You can download a detailed User Guide to walk you through the process here: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/os/oig/dai/deppb/Documents/KASPERKOGIntegrationUserGuide.pdf
Elimination of facilities.
- Facilities are no longer required or supported in KASPER.
Drug conviction information available.
- KASPER users may now request information on any Class A misdemeanor or felony drug convictions from the Administrative Office of the Courts, by selecting the drug conviction information request option when requesting a patient report. An accurate patient Social Security Number or Driver's License number is required for this option.
Changes to delegate account approval.
- New delegate accounts now may only be automatically approved by Prescriber, APRN and Pharmacist master account holders. New delegate accounts for all other account types must be manually approved by the business office.
Prescriber Summary List available.
- A Prescriber Summary List has been added to the footer of the patient report. The summary list includes the Prescriber Name, Prescriber Address, and Prescriber Degree as provided by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). To update information with the DEA, you may call (800) 882-9539 or email DEA.Registration.Help@usdoj.gov.
Prescriber Report Card replaces the Peer Review Report.
- The KASPER Prescriber Report Card function is now available, providing a consolidated dashboard view of prescribing patterns and trends for a given prescriber along with his/her standings compared to state and specialty averages.
- The KASPER Prescriber Report Card replaces the Prescriber Peer Review Report, but contains the data that was included in the peer review report along with additional information to assist Kentucky prescribers to assess their controlled substance prescribing patterns.
- The KASPER Prescriber Report Card was designed in collaboration with Kentucky prescriber licensure boards and other stakeholders.
- KASPER prescriber master account holders can access quarterly and annual (calendar year) prescriber report cards by going to their Account Maintenance page. Prescriber master account holders may also authorize one or more of their delegates to access a prescriber report card on the master account holder's behalf.
- Delegates who have been authorized by their master account holder can access the report card using the Master Reports menu option.
- Please visit the KASPER web page at www.chfs.ky.gov/KASPER to view or download the KASPER Prescriber Report Card User Guide that contains complete information regarding this new feature.
Multiple DEA numbers and professional license numbers may now be added to prescriber KASPER accounts.
- When initially applying for an KASPER account, prescribers can provide multiple DEA and professional license numbers to be reviewed as part of the application process.
- For existing accounts, prescribers can request that additional DEA or professional license numbers be added to your KASPER account by calling the KASPER Help Desk at (502) 564-2703, or by email at KASPERHelp@ky.gov. Upon verification the KASPER Help Desk staff will update your account with the additional DEA/professional license number(s).
- Note that once multiple DEA numbers are associated with your KASPER account, the KASPER Prescriber Report (Reverse KASPER) and Peer Review Report will include or be based on controlled substance prescriptions reported under all the DEA numbers associated with your account regardless of the date the prescription was written.
Master Account Holders may now update the following personal account information from the Account Maintenance page:
- Area of Work
- Email Address
- Mother's Maiden Name (for password reset verification)
- ZIP Code
- Home Phone
- Email Notification
For additional updates to your account, please contact us by calling the KASPER Help Desk at (502) 564-2703, or by email at KASPERHelp@ky.gov.